It would be a small revolution. An American investment fund has positioned itself for a few weeks to buy a percentage of the capital of Paris-Saint-Germain, between 10 and 15% according to our information.
Since 2011 and its takeover of the club from Colony Capital, Qatar Sports Investments (QSI) has taken control of the 2022 French champion in two stages, 70% on June 30, 2011 and the remaining 30% a few months later.
PSG valued at nearly 3 billion euros
According to Forbes, PSG is now valued at nearly 3 billion euros. A partner who would therefore like to take 10% would have to pay nearly 300 million euros.
In the entourage of QSI, we confirm this interest even if today it is too early to say if this discussion will succeed. The name of the interested fund has not been filtered. A possible position statement would not fail to raise its share of questions.
Would the arrival of a capital partner be the first sign of a future disengagement of Qatar from PSG? This is not the trend according to sources close to the shareholder.