“It’s one of the little things that makes our sport more modern. » The formula is from Philippe Bana, president of the French Handball Federation (FFHB), who launched this Tuesday, in collaboration with the male and female Handball Leagues (LNH and LFH) the platform handballtv. A website for the moment, while waiting for the application promised in a year.
There will be offered live:
– all men’s first division matches, apart from the three broadcast by beIN Sports
– two matches per day in the women’s first division, including one in co-broadcast with Sport in France
– some men’s and women’s D2 matches
– the friendly and qualifying matches of the French teams, in co-broadcast with beIN Sports and the L’Équipe channel (therefore not the competitions, which remain exclusively on beIN Sports)
– certain matches of the French youth and beach handball teams
Added to these meetings are reports, interviews and inside clubs. “This is the philosophy we want to give: show the field but also what is happening around a club and a competition,” insists Nodjialem Myaro, president of the LFH. Bruno Martini, his NHL counterpart, explained the desire to “pooling audiences, all those people interested in handball. Be part of a common ecosystem that can be valued through a common platform. »
A subscription at 4 euros per month
After registration, everyone will be able to watch the matches of their favorite club for free. Beyond that, the subscription will cost 4 euros per month (or 35 euros per year) for unlimited access. “Promotional codes will be distributed massively to enjoy the experience free of charge for two months”, also announces David Tebib, president of the Union of Professional Handball Clubs.
This common platform for a sport is a first. Basketball (all free Betclic Élite matches except the poster broadcast by beIN Sports, all free Pro B matches) and volleyball (all free men’s and women’s matches except one poster per day) already have their OTT platform.