Pep Guardiola may have buried the hopes of PSG and FC Barcelona to enlist Bernardo Silva this summer. The Manchester City coach said at a press conference on Friday that his 28-year-old winger would stay with the English champions this season. “He will stay here, in any case, said the Spanish technician, cutting off a journalist who was going to question him on the subject. We haven’t received any call from any club for Bernardo Silva, that’s why he will stay. »
According our information, the Parisian leaders would have nevertheless formulated an offer of 70 M€ to recruit the Portuguese international (70 caps, 8 goals). Asked about a possible approach to the capital club, Guardiola declined to comment.
Guardiola doesn’t want such a late start
Earlier in the week, the former Barça coach had assured that he would not hinder his player’s departure in the event of an offer from the Catalan club. But he made a turnaround, closing the door on a last-minute transfer and explaining that such a loss was no longer an option as the transfer market closes on September 1.
Bernardo Silva should therefore be in the group of Citizens who will host Crystal Palace on Saturday (4 p.m.) on the occasion of the 4th day of the Premier League. The team coached by Patrick Vieira is the only one who did not concede a single goal against Manchester City last season.
Leave a Reply